Tuesday, February 3, 2015

HDR Photography

HDR Photography is a image that is commonly made by taking three or more photos of the same scene, each at different shutter speeds."HDR" stands for High-Dynamic-Range, HDR Photos are photographs with a limited exposure range, resulting in a a more beautiful and eye caching ending result. HDR Photos also exposes shadows, colors, and lines. There isn't really anything that I dislike about taking HDR Photos. HDR photo's are actually my favorite type of photo's to take. Because they reveal little details and really make my photo's look good.

To create a HDR photo, first you need to take a picture of your scene with different exposures, make sure you have everything balanced and you have a focus point. After you have your photos upload your pictures to your computer. Once you have your pictures on your computer go to photoshop files< Automate< Merge to HDR pro. When you have that finished you can start editing.

In my examples I show, I hope I show some vibrance. In my landscape photo with the river my main focus point was suppose to be the tree on the left rule of thirds. My favorite part of that photo was that it felt that if I were in the jungle. In my portrait I feel as if it could be better. In the critique I was told that I need a better background, not just a plain wall and I agree.






8 comments:

  1. Cool pictures. i think you could've re-taken the portrait photo so that it looks more surreal. I also think that your landscape could look more surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your landscape photo! Although, I think your landscape photo could've been more surreal. But I really like your text ties everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your experiment. The text could be a different color. Also really interesting background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your Super Impose! The only thing I have to suggest is that your Experiment is a lot brighter than the landscape and it's not working out. I think you could have gone back and edit the landscape. Also, your word needs effect however, I think it was because you were rushed for time. However your text is real big!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Landscape is amazing! Although it could be more surrealistic, your cut out is awesome! Hats off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you put screenshots. Make you text BIG!!! Great job though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both of your photos, but the landscape photo is a little bit more true to life. Great photo though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome photos! One thing you could do is increase the saturation to make it look a little more surrealistic. Overall, I really like how your subject pops out.

    ReplyDelete