Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Double Exposed Portraits

Portrait photography is a photo of one specific person. The main focus in a portrait should be the face but may include the entire body if wanted. Profile view is half of the face, being a portrait. A silhouette is an example of a portrait because it shows expression, personality, and sets a mood for the photo, So yes it it is a potrait.

 Double Exposed Portraits are created in photoshop, How? you may ask well I'm getting there. First you take your portrait and two different symbolic photos, After that you follow these steps (File > Scripts > Load Files into Stack), then you start to edit. While editing make sure to change your color tone, precise your quality, and adjust your blend. In my portraits I used a bunch of random stuff, like curves, saturation, etc. The reason why I want to make this is, well its cool! And it would be nice to say I know how too do this...


friend: *sees a double exposed photo* "Wow that's so cool!

me: "oh I know how to do that"
friend: "show me!!"


In my first example I used clouds and leaves. The clouds representing daydreamer or "Drifter", symbolizing that I get lost in my thoughts. While the leaves were just suppose to be cool, I used the leaves to cover my mouth as a mask or something. Probably meaning I should be quiet or I am TOO quiet I don't know sometimes I talk to much other times I have nothing to say. But then there's the more imaginative vision being I want to be a ninja. In my 2nd portrait I used lights and the city. The lights are actually representing stars, because over the pass few days the sky has not been cooperating with me showing no stars. Anyway the "stars" (lights) represent a time when I was younger and me and my cousin used to star gaze and not have a care in the world. While the city represents my love for traveling and my dream to travel the world.

16 comments:

  1. city lights cool.i would change the quality in the nyc one .good photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos, and color effects.
    The photos look kind of faded and hard to see but overall great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this!
    Your message shows really nicely!
    Maybe just work on the brush strokes and show the lights a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous job for your double Exposure out of the M's category. I really like how your double exposure had a light and dark scene though I wanted to see more of the day scene. The message is clear but I wouldn't know it would be New York. GREAT JOB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the colors and vibrancy in your photos. Your symbols are easy to see. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing, absolutely stunning! Cant really see much of your other symbol ( Lights) great job on your blog writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love how your two images blend together so well. I think your message works and I can clearly see both of your pictures. One thing I would improve is probably making your dodge tool a bit more precise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome job, I really like the way you can see your face and the cityand how they blend into each other. Nice symbols.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors look great, and the symbols are really standing out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love the photos you chose to use! I really like the lights and how they pop out! I totally get your message! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the lights and tall buildings and your overall quality!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Punctual amazing. I really like how you mixed in several photos, that I had to really look at it closely at it (clicking on the photo instead of looking at it from the regular view)! Maybe this is what you say, "Never judge a book by it's cover?"

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lights and the photo of New York are really nice. The edges are a bit soft, but the colors flow really nice together and I can see both photos clearly. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how vibrant your photos are!
    I think you could improve on your brush strokes.
    Over-all great work... your message is very clear!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like how the lights are all around your head, and also I like how much colors there!
    I think your message works because I can see the city and the lights!
    I think to improve your work, you could have used a different picture instead of the lights because I can't tell how it symbolizes you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite part would have to be how you added the layer effects and the vibrance of your multi is great.
    I can tell you thought this through, so your work definitely works.
    I guess you could've worked on bringing out the second symbol though. Great work!

    ReplyDelete